Are you planning to get into (or out of) Indiana any time next year? It’ll be a little (more) difficult. To accommodate construction of a new downtown bridge, the Clark Memorial Bridge—often called the Second Street Bridge—will close for 30-45 days, likely beginning next May. Details on the closure are forthcoming.
An average of about 20,000 vehicles cross the Clark Memorial Bridge each day. By contrast, an average of more than 121,000 cross the Kennedy Bridge each day.
Other Ohio River Bridges Project-related changes to Louisville traffic will begin sooner. From ORBP officials, here is a list of long-term closures not including the Clark Memorial Bridge:
- I-64 EB ramp to I-65 SB will be closed July 8, 2013 – mid 2016
- I-65 NB ramp to I-64 WB will be closed mid 2015 – early 2016
- Liberty Street Ramp to I-65 NB will be closed mid 2015 – mid 2016
- I-64 EB ramp to I-65 NB will be closed spring 2016 – late 2016
- I-65 SB ramp to I-64 WB will be closed spring 2016 – mid 2016
Muhammad Ali Ramp to I-65 NB will be closed spring 2016 – mid 2016
In Indiana, the Court Avenue entrance to ramp I-65 SB will be closed spring 2016 – mid 2016