A healthy lifestyle isn't just about physical health. Seven Counties Services and the Mayor's Healthy Hometown Movement want to remind the community not to neglect mental health, so they're staging a free concert in the Kentucky Center's Bomhard Theater Friday that will emphasize the importance of preventative measures and empathy for those dealing with mental health issues.
The first Shine On Louisville Music Fest will feature The River City Drum Corp, La’Nita Rocknette Dancers, Winnie and the Mojo, Appalatin, YPAS (Youth Performing Arts School) senior flutist Loren Been, the Louisville Youth Orchestra, VOICES of Kentuckiana community choir and Daniel Hardin and Jeff Thomas of The Sweet Nothings.
Doors open at 6 p.m. The concert begins at 7 p.m.
Further Reading on Mental Health Issues
- The National Institute of Mental Health prevention resources
- Too Little Mental Health Care For Boomers: 1 in 5 seniors has a mental health or substance abuse problem
- Army Wives Battle With Their Own Mental Health
- Concrete Steps for Creating a Happier Office
- Facebook Might Not Be So Healthy for Those with Low Self-Esteem