This week, Gov. Matt Bevin delivered his first budget address. His proposal for how to fund state operations for the next two years included deep spending cuts to many state agencies, and also some surprises.
Meanwhile, the fourth week of the Kentucky General Assembly’s 2016 session brought more big moves on anti-abortion legislation.
Here’s the latest update of the goings on in Frankfort in this week’s edition of Kentucky Politics Distilled.
- Planned Parenthood Now Offering Abortions At Louisville Clinic
- State Orders Louisville Planned Parenthood To Stop Providing Abortions
- Kentucky House Approves ‘Informed Consent’ Abortion Bill
- Kentucky’s University Presidents Worry Over Budget Cuts
- Bevin’s Budget Plan Draws Praise, Concerns
- Gov. Matt Bevin Proposes 9 Percent Cuts To Most State Agencies
(Caption: Gov. Matt Bevin’s budget address this week, via J. Tyler Franklin/WFPL News)