Wed January 22, 2014
Cold Replaces Snow as Louisville Area's Winter Weather Issue; JCPS Delays Open
The snow that hindered the Louisville area's Tuesday morning commute has ended, but cold temperatures that came with it are sticking around, the National Weather Service said.
Jefferson County Public Schools is working on a two-hour delay on Wednesday. Several school districts aren't opening at all. (Check the list below.)
The temperature at about 6 a.m. Wednesday was 6 degrees, the weather service said. It'll reach about 25 degrees during the daytime. The weather service said wind chills will get worse later this week.
Here are some school statuses for Wednesday:
(Note: NA-FC initially said on Tuesday that they'd delayed.)
- Greater Clark Schools: 2-Hour Delay
- Clarksville Community Schools: 2-Hour Delay
- Jefferson County Catholic schools: Delayed schedule
- Bullitt County Public Schools: Closed
- Shelby County Schools: Closed
- Nelson County Schools: Closed
- Oldham County Schools: Closed
And here's a little more info on snow totals from Tuesday: