Tue September 18, 2012
LPM is looking for a Marketing and Engagement Manager
This position reports to the Vice President for Development and Marketing, and coordinates with the management team to plan, implement and report on a variety of marketing functions, programs, events and strategies to grow audience and increase loyalty to our organization and programming streams. The ideal candidate will know how to build a brand, possess excellent communication skills, love contact with the public and be comfortable working towards specific goals.
- Develop and oversee the execution of a comprehensive marketing plan that incorporates Louisville Public Media’s institutional, audience building and developmental communication needs, on a limited budget.
- Ensure consistency in branding and messaging throughout the organization and content for all internal and external communications, including press releases social media and membership/underwriter e-news.
- Develop relationships with key community media and institutional contacts.
- Create and coordinate advertising for trade partnerships and for other organizational promotions.
- Manage media placement and messaging.
- Help facilitate on-air promotional partnerships.
- Coordinate and manage on-air and digital promotional inventory and messaging to address the ongoing needs of programming and development departments.
- Coordinate with programming and development departments to research, organize and implement surveys as needed.
- Participate in membership campaigns as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead and delegate, and the ability to direct resources to support marketing initiatives.
- An understanding of how to use research to inform marketing strategy and develop measurable goals.
- Proven ability to be flexible, multi-task and manage multiple projects successfully.
- Detail oriented and well organized, with the capacity to develop, plan, coordinate and report on projects.
- Strong analytical, research, organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, accountability and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly effective writing, presentation and analysis skills.
- Proven success developing and managing relationships with media, art & culture and human service organizations is essential.
- Team-oriented work style with strong relationship building, people and management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and occasionally stressful environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office software products, and be willing to learn new software applications.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge, including evolving digital media.
- The ability to lift, transport, set up, attend to, dismantle and remove tables, chairs, small tent, display materials and other items that accompany off-site visibility.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in marketing and/or communications, or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience in a similar capacity
Application Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or, Louisville Public Media, 619 South 4th Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40202.
Louisville Public Media is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity in the workplace to reflect the community it serves.