Wed August 29, 2012
LPM seeks Major Gifts Officer
Louisville Public Media (LPM) is searching for a Major Gifts Officer to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit major donor prospects for LPM, alone, and in consultation with the President, Development and Marketing Director, and members of the LPM Board of Directors. This position must be able to prioritize prospects, research their interests and capacities, and identify individualized strategy for solicitations and follow-up. The successful candidate will develop written strategies in consultation with the Development and Marketing Director; coordinate nature of contacts that prospects receive; facilitate relationships between potential and current donors and LPM’s staff and board; review prospect strategies regularly for LPM capital and annual campaigns; work with LPM management to create and supervise implementation of small targeted events for assigned prospects and donors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years fundraising experience required with three to five years in major gift fundraising. Demonstrated experience and ability to be successful in face-to-face solicitation.
- Strong oral, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel throughout the region.
- Excellent computer skills, such as Word, databases and internet.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or, Louisville Public Media, 619 South 4th Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40202.
Louisville Public Media is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity in the workplace to reflect the community it serves.