Tue May 29, 2012
Roads Closed Due to Trees, Flooding Across Louisville
Morning rain and flooding have closed streets across Louisville.
According to MetroSafe spokeswoman Jody Johnson, a water main break near the University of Louisville has exacerbated the flood conditions. The break is at Cardinal Boulevard, east of Floyd Street, and Johnson says workers from the Louisville Water Company are on site.
More news and closures:
- Crews from the Metropolitan Sewer District are also en route to Norton Hospital downtown, responding to flooding issues.
- There are trees blocking roadways on the 1700 block of Spring Street, the intersection of Rollington and Westport Roads, and the 12000 block of Westport Road.
- 32nd Street and W. Market Street
- 28th Street and Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- The 1700 block of River Road
- Northbound and southbound around the 3000 block of Preston Highway
- The intersection of South Floyd Street and Central Avenue
- The intersection of Hikes Lane and Goldsmith Lane
- The intersection of Hikes Lane and Stanton Boulevard
- Old Millers Lane at Cane Run Road
- Old Millers Lane at Miller Lane
- 7th Street and Magnolia Avenue
- 9th Street and W. Kentucky Street
- The 3200 block of Radiance Road
- Pee Wee Reese Road and Park Boundary
- The intersection of Ballardsville Road and Craigs Creek Drive
- S. Brook Street at E. Hill Street