Wed August 21, 2013
WFPL News Is Making A TV Show
We know you like listening to WFPL News. We know you like reading WFPL News. So how would you feel about watching it? You'll soon know.
Our video series, Up Front with Jonathan Bastian, premieres Wednesday, September 4th. As the name implies, the show will be hosted by Jonathan Bastian, WFPL's Morning Edition host. It will feature a variety of guests and thought-provoking conversations.
As Jonathan says, “One week, you might hear an in-depth discussion with a local policy-maker, followed by a conversation with a Pulitzer-winning poet. Another week you might hear an investigative report on education in Kentucky, coupled with a dialogue from the Aspen Ideas Festival about health."
He means it. Look at this list of upcoming guests:
- E.J. Dionne, op-ed columnist for the Washington Post
- Sarah Hayward, writer for HBO's "Girls"
- Joel Dudley, Director of Biomedical Informatics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Paula Kerger, president and CEO of PBS
- Meg Jay, assistant professor at the University of Virginia, about her new book: "The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter—And How to Make the Most of Them Now."
You can watch it online at WFPL.org (we'll make a video podcast feed for those of you who want such things), and on KET. We're very happy to be working with KET to get the show to roughly 2.8 million viewers.
Here's when you can catch it on TV:
- KET: Wednesdays, 11:30 p.m.
- KET2: Fridays, 7 p.m.
- KET KY: Mondays at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.; Thursdays at 2 p.m.; and Saturdays at 12:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
This is an exciting project for WFPL News. It's a new frontier for us and we hope you'll tune in and let us know what you think. (And don't worry, morning people, Jonathan will still be the voice of Morning Edition on 89.3 FM.)