Because of slick road conditions left from Sunday night’s winter storm, Jefferson County Public Schools and some other schools systems in the Louisville area are again closed Tuesday.
Most of the Louisville area got two to four inches of snow Sunday night into Monday, the National Weather Service said. The temperature has stayed well below freezing (15 degrees at about 5 a.m.), leading to slick spots on some area roads.
Area school systems closed Tuesday include:
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Bullitt County Public Schools
- Shelby County Public Schools
- Nelson County Schools
- Spencer County Schools
Other area school systems are on delayed schedules. They include:
- Jefferson County Catholic schools: Delayed
- New Albany-Floyd County Schools: 2-Hour Delay
- Greater Clark County Schools: 2-Hour Delay
- Clarksville Community School2: 2-Hour Delay
- West Clark Community Schools: 2-Hour Delay
For JCPS, it’s the 11th unscheduled closed day of the 2013-14 academic year.
(Image via Shutterstock)