The University of Louisville will be in the national spotlight this weekend, as ESPN brings its popular “College GameDay” program to campus. The show will highlight the top 10 matchup between the No. 10 Cardinals and second-ranked Florida State at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
Here’s what you need to know, per U of L:
The ESPN College GameDay set will be situated on the lawn in front of the Howard Schnellenberger Football Complex. Officials are expecting fans to line up for access closest to the stage as early as 4 a.m. Saturday. Tents are not permitted.
Reserved parking lots surrounding the stadium will open early at 6 a.m. Parking in all stadium lots is limited to those with reserved parking passes. Traffic patterns and parking will remain the same as with other home games. Officials are asking attendees to plan to arrive early to ensure enough time for parking and entry into the game.
For a fee, additional parking is available at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Gates 1 and 4 will open at 3:45 a.m.; all other gates there will open at 6 a.m.
Check-in for U of L students will be outside Gate 1 at the stadium’s northeast corner. For those who wish to enter ‘The Pit’ behind the GameDay stage, here are the rules:
- Fans may arrive early to begin lining up for access to the pit at 4 a.m. ET, with the area being open around 5 a.m.
- Fans entering the pit will be checked by a security wand
- No bags, backpacks or purses permitted in the pit
- No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage)
- No signs on a stick
- No pens, pencils, markers or dry-erase boards
- No food or drinks
- Throwing of objects is prohibited
“GameDay” will be live on the air from 11 a.m. until noon. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:06 p.m.